Thursday, May 31, 2018

Oriental Lilies - Black Beauty

For any of you wanting a beautiful pink lily - this one comes very highly recommended. The plant is tall and sturdy, and the flowers last for months. I love the foliage as it is growing over summer, then the dying leaves glow yellow into late autumn - adding a great colour highlight to the garden. I cannot recommend it highly enough - I love it. And that is coming from someone who does not like pink!!
Lilium Black  Beauty - Oriental Lily
Really sturdy plants, that withstand wind.
Autumn colours - the leaves glow amongst evergreen foliage
And below are some of the plants I have partnered with the Lily - more burgundy than pink for me
Echinacea purpureum and Allium

Scabiosa Crimson Clouds
Dahlia
Eupatorium maculatum
This lily is being advertised in at least one NZ bulb catalogue right now - (Garden Post). Not sure if you can buy it in shops. Get some!!

No comments:

Post a Comment