Monday, March 12, 2012

Anemone x hybrida

Just adoring the white Woodland, or Japanese Anemones at the moment. They absolutely glow in a shaded patch of the garden. I wish they lasted longer in  a vase, as the real joy to me is the close-up view of the intricate central stamens - total clarity of colour. Just beautiful. They are fantastic in larger gardens where they can take over an area. But can be easily controlled in a smaller garden, too. Great for a late summer feature, particularly to hide a fence or at the back of the garden, as they grow to about 1.2m + tall.





They come in a lovely pink, too, which is more vigorous than the white. But the white is my favourite.

1 comment:

  1. I have always found Rachel, that in some of my gardens they go nuts. And others they die. Can't quite work out the extremes! Is there a reason, do you think? I so adore them, and attempt to plant them in every one of my own gardens. Quite old fashioned and delightful.

    ReplyDelete