Monday, September 21, 2015

September Update - Orange and Purple Perennial Garden

From a distance, not much has changed in this garden since my last post in July. But as the weather has warmed, much new growth is occurring - bearded iris foliage is bulking up, delicate daffodils are flowering, and my favourite white primulas along the front edge are in full swing. And my favourite shrub, Fothergilla, is just starting to flower. I think that half the pleasure I get from this garden is the anticipation! I really look forward to small details such as the bulbs emerging, and the buds plumping up. It changes from week to week, and I love that.
These daffodils glow with the light behind them, and add a real highlight

The iris foliage is plumping up rapidly in the rear (three different species - bearded,
Siberican and Pseudacorus), with tiny details like the Daffodils,
polyanthus and Omphalodes creating interest from close up. 
Fothergilla just starting to flower. Wonderful shrub - I wish more nurseries grew it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment